Adwords has helped countless of businesses – small and big – worldwide because of their impeccable ability to track ROI and deliver efficient campaign set-ups customized to your business goals. As a budding start-up, you can have a strong start in Adwords just by understanding the various new conversion metrics in Adwords:
- Converted Clicks – Use this metric when you are interested in Unique Leads and Customers. If you want to track how many new customers you are acquiring – this is the best conversion option for you. Converted clicks represent conversions of every single unique click. Regardless if 1 click (or customer) resulted to 1 or multiple sales or leads – it will always be counted as 1 within a specific time frame or conversion window. Default conversion window is 30 days.
- Total Conversions – Advertisers can tweak their Total Conversion Action settings to differentiate: Total Sales + Unique Leads. Supposed you want to set catalogue downloads as unique leads. Here is an example:
- 2 different customers clicked on your ad.
- Customer A bought 2 shirts; while
- Customer B downloaded your product catalogue: thrice on Tuesday, and once on Wednesday
This is equal to:
- 2 Converted Clicks (2 Unique Customers)
- 3 Conversions: 2 sales + 1 Unique Lead (4 catalogue downloads from 1 unique customer = 1 unique lead)
How to set flexible conversion tracking:
Go to Conversions Settings Page > Dropdown will show “All Conversions” or “Unique Conversions”
In the example above, the advertiser chose to count:
- “All Conversions” for Sales; and
- “Unique Conversions” for downloads
If you’re using Conversion Optimizer and Enhanced CPC, you can select your bid management to focus either on:
- Converted Clicks; or
As you select any of the two methods, Adwords allows you to count either by “Unique Conversions” or “All Conversions”. I suggest that you use “Unique Conversions” for the Converted Clicks; and “All Conversions” for the Conversion method of bid management.
Romela de Leon-Ortega is an experienced Search Strategist for small-scale businesses. She is a busy work-at-home professional, and a full-time mom. Contact her below for a FREE website consultation.
Image credit: searchengineland.com
Latest posts by Romela de Leon-Ortega (see all)
- How To Start a 6-figure Business while Blogging from Home - May 23, 2019
- Watsons.com.ph – SEO Score & Review - August 31, 2018
- 5 Skills Every Work at Home Mom Needs in Order to Do SEO - June 15, 2018
- SEO 2018: What Worked in 2017 That We’ll Continue Next Year - November 28, 2017
- SEO Masterclass Video Course for Beginners - September 8, 2017