You are probably wishing to get your slice of the pie in this highly-crazed season of online shopping and deals. Search is exploding with queries like:
Whether you are a B2B, B2C, or a Publisher brand or company – you can take advantage of the volume of searches by doing these 3 strategies to boost search traffic as the year closes . As they say, always finish strong!
1) Drumbeat your evergreens or top performing blog posts of the year
Now is the best time to look at your analytics data and see which of your posts or pages performed really well in terms of traffic, engagement, and conversions. This list will prove handy as you do the following:
- Create a roundup post
Recap and sum up all the evergreens/top blog posts of the year in a monster roundup post. More than the awesomeness of these pieces of content – make sure to highlight front and center the benefits your audience have gotten out of these. For example, if you’ve written about the top 2016 startup marketing strategies that generated a lot of positive feedback from your audience – highlight the testimonials and comments to show value.
- Inter-link related blog posts that performed well
Add a further boost from search to your top performing articles by interlinking them with related and new blog posts (i.e. Related Links at the end of each blog post). Much better if you can link them within the content body for a nice anchor text strategy. Sometimes, we end up leaving our high-traffic blog posts a few months after they’ve brought us traffic. Don’t lose the momentum by continuously bringing attention, traffic, and links to them.
- Do CTR optimization for low performing pages – then link them from top your performing pages/posts
Now, on to the low performers. Worry not! There is opportunity to improve their search traffic through CTR optimization. Check out which user queries actually showed impressions; and then re-optimize the meta data to include these search queries:
Related Read: 7 SEO Hacks to Beat Stagnant Website Traffic
2) Publish expert opinion or reviews on rising products or trends in your niche.
Some B2B companies will write about trends forecasts for the next year. B2C and other consumer goods-related sites will write about reviews on new products to hit the market. Key here is to know which are the “rising” topics that you should capitalize to get a share of their year-end traffic.
Go to: trends.google.com
Select the relevant Geo, Period, and Niche
Rising topics tagged as “Breakout” are the ones identified to have had a tremendous increase in search volume over a given period, probably because these queries are new and had few (if any) prior searches.
3) Offer your most-searched, in-demand product as a year-end offer
- Best-seller of the year
You definitely know which products or services gave the most demand and profit for your brand. Most likely, this has created some buzz in your community which has generated search interest online. Do a final sale by the end of the year. Harp on your product’s established popularity by offering the best seller of the year. That’s an added boost to their search popularity.
- This season’s hottest
If you are more keen on keeping up with the holidays, you can also choose to offer this season’s most-wanted or searched-for product. Some items are seasonal so you can only experience the breakout in traffic during their peak season. Find out the season’s most in-demand in your inventory – then optimize all your content assets (blog post, product pages, home page, etc.) as you offer it on sale.
May all your wishes and plans come true in the coming year. To your success!
Get in touch with me for more SEO strategies tailored-fit to your business. Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to Create Winning Content Calendars for Clients
- 5 Ways to Encourage your B2B Clients to Blog
- How Small Businesses can Outdo the Big Players in SEO
- 7 SEO Hacks to Beat Stagnant Website Traffic
Latest posts by Romela de Leon-Ortega (see all)
- How To Start a 6-figure Business while Blogging from Home - May 23, 2019
- Watsons.com.ph – SEO Score & Review - August 31, 2018
- 5 Skills Every Work at Home Mom Needs in Order to Do SEO - June 15, 2018
- SEO 2018: What Worked in 2017 That We’ll Continue Next Year - November 28, 2017
- SEO Masterclass Video Course for Beginners - September 8, 2017